Houseplants and pots
We have a big range of containers including Bergs Potter.
Build your own gift box
You decide what gift to give, packed in a Eco box and recycled wood wool.
We forage from hedgerow and tree to create natural wreaths and decorations.
Make a home for wildlife in your garden. Plastic free.
Naturally inspired, simply different this Christmas.
Peat, pesticide, plastic free plants & gardening supplies.
We are open fully during the lock-down period
opening hours will be Monday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm
Sunday – 10am to 4pm
This Christmas. traditional.. green.
Number 1 priority is a safe, distanced space for you to enjoy looking at our amazing stock this season. Please be patient with us, we will not rush selling a tree and we will ask you to wait to be served. This year we have..
- Big range of Kent grown Christmas trees. In stock! Available to pick up or pre-order/reserve. We ask for a 50% deposit. Plastic free!
- Unique Sustainable Gifts – New! Garden gift box collection & Japanese gifts
- Wreaths and decorations – Made on site.
- Potted trees & seasonal plants – Mini Christmas trees & tea plants.
- Tree stand and Eco tree pots – Grow your Christmas tree on..
- House-plants and Pots – range of great value plants and pots
- Gardening gift galore – Have a look at our Shop stock
- Gift Vouchers available – Posted, Emailed or collect from store.
We offer – free parking – We will take trees to car.
Outdoor touch-less payments or cash taken.
Free delivery in Faversham. £5 delivery charge for Canterbury (Wednesday) or Whitstable (Monday)
New! Wildlife gardening shop! – Full of original items to turn your garden in to a wildlife haven.
New! Big range of realistically priced house-plants, pots and house-plant requisites.
New! Kiln dried Kent logs in our ‘bag for life’ (compost bag) £10.50 full bag. Eco fire-lighter £9.50 for 100.
Download our bareroot fruit availability list for 20/21
Visit our nursery..
Our site is laid out to allow social distancing, we are limiting site visitors to no more than 10 at a time, we have spacious car parking, touchless payment and on site support/advice. Its our biggest selection of plants and tools!
Please note – We kindly ask you to use a face covering when in any of buildings. We will face masks outside if asked.
Electric Van.. delivery service for people isolating.
We offer free delivery to Faversham and charge a small amount for the surrounding area for people who are isolating. Our number one concern is safety and abiding to both strict hygiene levels and keeping the advised social distance.
In our shop we have environmentally sound bits for your garden haven..
- Melcourt Peat-free composts sold in our bags for life.
- New! Baaslug Mulch. Anti-slug/snail mulch made from bark and New Romney wool.
- Seeds – Big range of seed potatoes, onions sets, bean seeds etc. sold by weight
- Franchi Italian seed range – Amazing variety of classic and unusual veg seeds.
- Natural feeds – sold loose in scoop and save – Usage advice
- Environmentally balanced Pest and disease control products
- British-made tools from Richard Carter
- Fantastic seeds including loose peas and broad-beans.
- Local coppice posts and fencing
- Sprays and seaweed feeds sold in returnable glass bottles – Usage advice
We only sell stuff to grow stuff kindly!
In our nursery we have a great range of plants grown peat and pesticide free… sold plastic free.
- Vegetable plants – Heritage veg varieties, tomatoes and chillies.
- Fruit trees – Heritage varieties a speciality, trained trees and interesting species. New to this year.. Sold without plastic.
- Soft fruit – from Hops to blackcurrants
- Herbaceous perennials – English natives a speciality
- Hedgerow – Wildlife havens and productive also.
- Big range of great value house plants
Our orchards are growing, plastic free!
From a single trained tree to a large heritage orchard we can help you realise the potential of your growing space, this year orchards are popular, with some of the best fruit trees in the UK and our expert knowledge you can take the guesswork out of the whole process. Also after this years bumper grape harvest we are getting a lot of interest in hobby vineyards, contact us for really good pricing. All materials used are eco sourced and we only promote the use of environmental sound pest control. More…
Edibleculture – How and why plastic Free?
At Edibleculture we carefully use plastic to grow our plants but we do not let it leave our business. We internally recycle, selling to customers in various innovative ways. We have had a great deal of interest in what we do, bluntly, we are attempting to put the environment before profit. We want to prove that you can run a viable business without polluting, de-valuing staff or wasting resources.
We will keep experimenting and challenging standard horticultural practice around plastic, peat and pesticide use.
We are keen to work with permaculturists, forest gardeners and ‘no dig’ growers. We are an established business but we as growers ourselves want to learn and develop.
Through our work with the Abbey School students, we are providing an insight into how a horticultural business is run. We are keen to pass our knowledge on to the next generation. This will also be demonstrated through our display gardens and courses ranging in subjects such as fruit tree pruning, edible gardening and propagation. More…