We have a brilliant selection of herbs for all different uses... even just to admire...
Huge Range of Chillies and Toms!
Grown in peat free compost with no pesticides
A orchard for generations
From heritage apples varieties to rarities like medlar & quince.. A productive orchard that works with nature.
Trained Fruit Trees
If you have limited space and challenging soil the answer could be a trained tree..
Vineyards are growing
A new vineyard is a realistic prospect. Installed with coppice supports in Kent..
Handmade Planter Crates
Made in conjunction with the Abbey school. Strong and Eco Friendly!
Naturally Inspired, Simply Different.
We are open for the best in environmentally sound gardening! We will not be selling any product with a single use plastic content and minimal ‘recyclable’ plastics. TRY our new compost ‘bag for life’ scheme, POSIpot and terracotta pots and paper bagged weighed seeds and feeds.
‘Its simple really… we have created a shop and nursery we would want to use ourselves..’ – Read the full article on us
- Herbs – From garden classics to heritage species. Sold in our own POSIpot degradable sleeves.
- Vegetable plants – Heritage veg varieties, tomatoes and chillies.
- Fruit trees – Heritage varieties a speciality, trained trees and interesting species. New to this year is Treekits. Sold without plastic.
- Soft fruit – from Hops to blackcurrants
- Herbaceous perennials – English natives a speciality
- New – House Plants – Big range of amazing plants sold in Coir
- Hedgerow – Wildlife havens and productive also.
As well as sourcing and selling the best tried and tested….
- Melcourt Peat-free composts sold in our new bags for life.
- Our own Anti-Slug mulch – in Bag for life
- Natural feeds – sold loose in scoop and save
- Environmentally balanced Pest and disease control products
- Our handmade crate planters
- British-made tools from Richard Carter
- Fantastic seeds including loose peas and broad-beans.
- Local coppice posts and fencing
- Sprays and seaweed feeds sold in returnable glass bottles
- Plant self labeling system – saving the printing of 1000’s of single use plastic labels – be prepared to write
‘By golly we may have not got it all right.. but we are giving it a really good go!‘ Dave, Chris and Laura
We still have some bookings available for fruit tree pruning this winter – We have a strong reputation for providing an expert service when it comes to all aspects of fruit tree work. Our ability to quickly assess a
job is what enables a clear time-scale and costing. We can also advise on disease and pest control and focus maintenance plans on preventative measures. More..
Our orchards are growing!
From a single trained tree to a large heritage orchard we can help you realise the potential of your growing space, this year orchards are popular, with some of the best fruit trees in the UK and our expert knowledge you can take the guesswork out of the whole process. Also after this years bumper grape harvest we are getting a lot of interest in hobby vineyards, contact us for really good pricing. All materials used are eco sourced and we only promote the use of environmental sound pest control. More…
Edibleculture – Education and pricing
We want visitors to Edibleculture to feel welcome, inspired, and educated so don’t expect salesmen trying to push through a sale. As plants people we would rather explain to our visitors the benefit you will get from a certain species or variety and whether it is suitable for you and your garden, rather than sell you something that isn’t suitable.
We are keen to work with permaculturists, forest gardeners and ‘no dig’ growers. We are an established business but we as growers ourselves want to learn and develop.
Through our work with the Abbey School students, we are providing an insight into how a horticultural business is run. We are keen to pass our knowledge on to the next generation. This will also be demonstrated through our display gardens and courses ranging in subjects such as fruit tree pruning, edible gardening and propagation. More…