We have a brilliant selection of herbs for all different uses... even just to admire...
Huge Range of Chillies and Toms!
Grown in peat free compost with no pesticides
A orchard for generations
From heritage apples varieties to rarities like medlar & quince.. A productive orchard that works with nature.
Trained Fruit Trees
If you have limited space and challenging soil the answer could be a trained tree..
Vineyards are growing
A new vineyard is a realistic prospect. Installed with coppice supports in Kent..
Composts and Mulches
Brilliant range of Eco friendly original products!
Handmade Planter Crates
Made in conjunction with the Abbey school. Strong and Eco Friendly!
Naturally Inspired, Simply Different.
We offer the best UK sourced, environmentally balanced and realistically priced garden products. From RHS endorsed peat free composts to our great value trained fruit trees. We are truly a growers shop…. we only sell products we would use ourselves and we offer tons of advice on how to make your growing space thrive!
‘Its simple really… we have created a shop and nursery we would want to use ourselves..’ – Read the full article on us
- Herbs – From garden classics to heritage species.
- Vegetable plants – Heritage veg varieties, tomatoes and chillies.
- Fruit trees – Heritage varieties a speciality, trained trees and interesting species.
- Soft fruit – from Hops to blackcurrants
- Herbaceous perennials – English natives a speciality
- Hedgerow – Wildlife havens and productive also.
As well as sourcing and selling the best tried and tested….
- Melcourt Peat-free composts
- Dalefoot Wool based compost and Lakeland Gold
- Strulch organic anti-slug and snail mulches
- Natural feeds
- Environmentally balanced Pest and disease control products
- Our handmade crate planters
- British-made tools from Richard Carter
- Fantastic seeds including seed potatoes and onion sets
- Local coppice posts and fencing
Edibleculture – Education and pricing
We want visitors to Edibleculture to feel welcome, inspired, and educated so don’t expect salesmen trying to push through a sale. As plants people we would rather explain to our visitors the benefit you will get from a certain species or variety and whether it is suitable for you and your garden, rather than sell you something that isn’t suitable.
We are keen to work with permaculturists, forest gardeners and ‘no dig’ growers. We are an established business but we as growers ourselves want to learn and develop.
Through our work with the Abbey School students, we are providing an insight into how a horticultural business is run. We are keen to pass our knowledge on to the next generation. This will also be demonstrated through our display gardens and courses ranging in subjects such as fruit tree pruning, edible gardening and propagation.
We have a strong reputation for providing an expert service when it comes to all aspects of fruit tree work. Our ability to quickly assess a
job is what enables a clear time-scale and costing. We can also advise on disease and pest control and focus maintenance plans on preventative measures.