Grown by us from seed or cutting, from cooking varieties to bee friendly.
Feeds and seeds sold by weight plastic free. Peat free compost by 'bag for life'
Buy Your Plants plastic free
Grown in peat free compost with no pesticides
successful pruning can increase productivity and make your tree happy!
A orchard for generations
From heritage apples varieties to rarities like medlar & quince.. A productive orchard that works with nature.
Great range of Toms & Chillies
From tiny sweet pea toms to the dangerous Dorset naga!
Native Trees.. plastic free!
Buy natures carbon fixers with
plastic free guards and ties.
Naturally inspired, simply different.
Peat, pesticide, plastic free plants & gardening supplies.
opening hours.. Tuesday to Saturday – 9am to 5pm
Sunday – 10am to 4pm
Monday – Appointment only – closed to public
Our best selection of home grown plants yet!
New! Pre-Order your bareroot trees now!
New! Eco Garden Furniture and traditional UK made deck chairs. We stock DuraOcean® chairs and tables made from recycled fishing nets and UK made traditional deckchairs from the Southsea Deckchair company.
NEWS – Check out the Garden Organic Podcast in which we talk about our sustainable approach
In our shop we have environmentally sound bits for your garden haven..
- Melcourt Peat-free composts sold in our bags for life.
- New! Baaslug Mulch. Anti-slug/snail mulch made from bark and New Romney wool.
- Seeds – Big range of seed potatoes, onions sets, bean seeds etc. sold by weight
- Franchi Italian seed range – Amazing variety of classic and unusual veg seeds.
- Natural feeds – sold loose in scoop and save – Usage advice
- Environmentally balanced Pest and disease control products
- British-made tools from Richard Carter
- New! Niwaki Japanese specialist garden tools.
- Fantastic seeds including loose peas and broad-beans.
- Local coppice posts and fencing
- Sprays and seaweed feeds sold in returnable glass bottles – Usage advice
In our nursery we have a great range of plants grown peat and pesticide free… sold plastic free.
- Vegetable plants – Heritage veg varieties, tomatoes and chillies.
- Fruit trees – Heritage varieties a speciality, trained trees and interesting species. New to this year.. Sold without plastic.
- Soft fruit – from Hops to blackcurrants
- Herbaceous perennials – English natives a speciality
- Hedgerow – Wildlife havens and productive also.
Our orchards are growing, plastic free!
From a single trained tree to a large heritage orchard we can help you realise the potential of your growing space, this year orchards are popular, with some of the best fruit trees in the UK and our expert knowledge you can take the guesswork out of the whole process. Also after this years bumper grape harvest we are getting a lot of interest in hobby vineyards, contact us for really good pricing. All materials used are eco sourced and we only promote the use of environmental sound pest control. More…
Edibleculture – How and why plastic Free?
At Edibleculture we carefully use plastic to grow our plants but we do not let it leave our business. We internally recycle, selling to customers in various innovative ways including our own POSIpot transportation sleeves. We have had a great deal of interest in what we do, bluntly, we are attempting to put the environment before profit. We want to prove that you can run a viable business without polluting, de-valuing staff or wasting resources.
We will keep experimenting and challenging standard horticultural practice around plastic, peat and pesticide use.
We are keen to work with permaculturists, forest gardeners and ‘no dig’ growers. We are an established business but we as growers ourselves want to learn and develop.
Through our work with the Abbey School students, we are providing an insight into how a horticultural business is run. We are keen to pass our knowledge on to the next generation.
In our nursery we have a great range of plants grown peat and pesticide free…