Huge range of fruit trees, soft fruit, hedging and shrubs for winter planting..
Feeds and seeds sold by weight plastic free. Peat free compost by 'bag for life'
Buy Your Plants plastic free
Grown in peat free compost with no pesticides
A orchard for generations
From heritage apples varieties to rarities like medlar & quince.. A productive orchard that works with nature.
Specialist Tree installations
From Deer protection to complete orchards.. we can do it!
Native Trees.. plastic free!
Buy natures carbon fixers with
plastic free guards and ties.
Naturally Inspired, Simply Different.
We are open for the best in environmentally sound gardening! We sell plastic,peat and pesticide free. New for this season is our Treecover not for profit project, buy or pledge plastic free tree kits for £5 each. Huge bareroot selection – Open Wednesday to Sunday all winter.
Our orchards are growing, plastic free!
From a single trained tree to a large heritage orchard we can help you realise the potential of your growing space, this year orchards are popular, with some of the best fruit trees in the UK and our expert knowledge you can take the guesswork out of the whole process. Also after this years bumper grape harvest we are getting a lot of interest in hobby vineyards, contact us for really good pricing. All materials used are eco sourced and we only promote the use of environmental sound pest control. More…
- Vegetable plants – Heritage veg varieties, tomatoes and chillies.
- Fruit trees – Heritage varieties a speciality, trained trees and interesting species. New to this year.. Sold without plastic.
- Soft fruit – from Hops to blackcurrants
- Herbaceous perennials – English natives a speciality
- House Plants – Big range of amazing plants sold in Coir
- Hedgerow – Wildlife havens and productive also.
As well as sourcing and selling the best tried and tested….
- Melcourt Peat-free composts sold in our bags for life. In Stock!
- NEW – Kent Sourced Logs and Kindling – Sold in our bags for life.
- Natural feeds – sold loose in scoop and save – Usage advice
- Environmentally balanced Pest and disease control products
- Our handmade crate planters
- British-made tools from Richard Carter
- Fantastic seeds including loose peas and broad-beans.
- Local coppice posts and fencing
- Sprays and seaweed feeds sold in returnable glass bottles – Usage advice
- Plant self labelling system – saving the printing of 1000’s of single use plastic labels – be prepared to write
We only sell stuff to grow stuff kindly!
It is more vital than ever to plant trees – We have a strong reputation for providing an expert service when it comes to all aspects of fruit tree work. Our ability to quickly assess a job is what enables a clear time-scale and costing. We can also advise on disease and pest control and focus maintenance plans on preventative measures.
Last year we supplied over 2000 trees and planted 1000. From English natives to interesting apple varieties
Our environmental efforts extend to how we travel to jobs, our vans have gone fully electric! Our tree planting will be carbon positive.
Edibleculture – How and why plastic Free?
At Edibleculture we carefully use plastic to grow our plants but we do not let it leave our business. We internally recycle, selling to customers in various innovative ways. We have had a great deal of interest in what we do, bluntly, we are attempting to put the environment before profit. We want to prove that you can run a viable business without polluting, de-valuing staff or wasting resources.
We will keep experimenting and challenging standard horticultural practice around plastic, peat and pesticide use.
We are keen to work with permaculturists, forest gardeners and ‘no dig’ growers. We are an established business but we as growers ourselves want to learn and develop.
Through our work with the Abbey School students, we are providing an insight into how a horticultural business is run. We are keen to pass our knowledge on to the next generation. This will also be demonstrated through our display gardens and courses ranging in subjects such as fruit tree pruning, edible gardening and propagation. More…